Right, enough nonsense, down to business… The plan is real. It is based on a list we wrote whilst in the car on the way back from the Derby Worlds Show last year. I have added to this some variables that I know that I will have to consider due to a couple of release dates in the next 3 months
Play the following games in the next 3-6 months
- Bolt Action/ Konflikt ’47
- In Her Majesty’s Name/ Empire of the Dead
- Dust Tactics
- Legends of the High Seas
- Fistful Of Kung Fu
- Steam Wars
- Blitzkrieg Commander (This one is only a maybe…)
New Games/ armies for release in early 2018
- Warhammer 40k Codex – Chaos Daemons – Nurgle Daemon Army
Painting and modelling needing to be done to achieve the list above
- Build and paint a third team for Gaslands (Including a War Rig)
- Put together and paint a pack of boiler suited minions from 7TV for use in Fistful of Kung Fu
- Paint at least 3 large Tripods, 3 small Tripods and 20 Martian infantry for Steam Wars
- Paint the Glotkin that has been sat on my shelf for a year, for the Nurgle Daemon Army
- Paint 20 plastic Plague Bearers, for the Nurgle Daemon Army
- Paint the, old and classic, metal Great unclean one on my shelf
THINGS TO LEAVE UNTIL SUMMER
- Anything Space Marine related
- Anything Steam Wars – Navy related
- Anything Death Guard related
Well, as I am not getting much done I have had time on my hands to consider what things I should be doing, and while I am busy getting all that nothing done, I am also building up a healthy level of hobby guilt.
You probably know what it feels like…
Me: I should really start that ‘thing’ that I haven’t finished yet.
The Other Me: Ah, but this would be easier and it also needs doing.
Me: Good idea, I will do that instead.
The Other Me: Hang on though, this looks like it might be worth doing.
Me: Ah yes, we planned to have a game of that soon so I should tackle that first really.
The Other Me: Hold up, have you seen the time, don’t you have to be somewhere else soon?
Me: Bugger, that’s right… I can’t believe that have been in here for 2 hours and haven’t gotten anything done yet.
The Other Me: Well, as you have to leave in the next hour you had best not start anything as you will only need to put it all away soon. You know how easily you lose track of time when you get into something.
Me: You are probably right, if I don’t have much time then I had best just tidy up this corner of the shed.
The Other Me: Oh, what’s that? I had forgotten that I had that…
A flustered English gent finally leaves an untidy shed in a frantic hurry. Already 30min late for the thing across town that he had promised his women folk that they would be at! All to the sounds of a frustrated English lady bellowing from the house ‘but you said you were coming out an hour ago!’
Well, I plan to try to write a formal plan, a sort of plan of action for the first quarter of 2018. Not a BIG PLAN that would cover everything but a plan that is achievable and likely to get done. That plan will prioritise what gets done first
Item 1 Write up the plan…
Item 2 … Oh, what’s that? I had forgotten that I had that…